On Saturday, May 18th, Berkshire Money Management hosted the Berkshire Human Society gala fundraiser. Nearly 100 animal lovers, business owners, and friends gathered for a “Celebration of Cocktails and Compassion”, enjoying tarot readings, fire juggling, an animal communicator, and some geek talk on the eve of the Game of Thrones final episode! BMM, a pet-friendly workplace, was honored to host the gala this year. “At any given time, there are usually two or three dogs roaming around the company. They hang out with us in our offices and go on hikes with us on our property out back. We’re animal…
The second celebration picnic for nurses employed by Berkshire Health Systems was held on Sunday, May 19, at Berkshire Money Management’s headquarters at 161 Main Street. The day’s events included food and beverages, music, fire juggling, tarot readings and much more on the beautiful grounds of the firm’s historic Model Farm estate. Nurses and their families were invited to enjoy the festivities. “Somehow people at BMM are always getting hurt. We work hard, and apparently play a little too hard,” says BMM founder and CEO Allen Harris. “The nurses of BHS have been taking care of us at BMM for…
What You Need to Know in Sixty Seconds
1. A recession is coming, but it won’t start any sooner than 2020.
2. US GDP should increase solidly over 2% in 2019 as we continue to benefit from fiscal stimulus.
3. The weakness of the equity markets in Q4 2018 will continue into 1H of 2019.
4. The S&P 500 will return double-digits in 2019, challenging the highs of 2018.
5. The 10-year Treasury will move above 2018 highs, to about 3.3%.
6. The Fed will hike the federal funds rate twice in 2019.
7. Inflation, as measure be the CPI, will rise from its current 12-month change of 2.2% by about a half-percentage point.